Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Where do I start?
The best place to begin looking for resources (books, e-books, articles, or newspapers) is with OneSearch.
What is OneSearch?
OneSearch allows you to simultaneously search the library catalog, e-books, and the library's article databases all from a single search box.
Access OneSearch from off campus
Remote Access for Library Services
If you want to access the library databases from off-campus, you will need to know your 14-digit barcode. You will need to enter your barcode and last name to access the databases.
If you are a student, faculty, or staff member with an FSU ID, your library barcode will be located on the FSU ID.
You can also find your library barcode using PAWS. To find your 14-digit library card number through PAWS:
- Log into Paws
- Select Self-Service
- Select Student Center
- Under Other Area at bottom of screen select Library Acct Info
- Your 14-digit barcode will be listed there.
Discover Library & Scholarly Resources with OneSearch
OneSearch and Other Search Options
On the library's home page, you will see the Search Box for OneSearch. Under that there are several links that can be used to find/access different library resources.
- - Allows users to search for items physically in the library as well as most of the library's databases. It offers options to search by keyword, title, or author. You can also narrow down by full-text and scholarly/peer-reviewed articles.
- - Provides you with a list of subject specific databases. Click on the link to access these databases.
- - Provides you with the ability see what journals the library has available full-text electronically. Once you find a specific journal, it will also provide information on which database it is available in and the date ranges for full-text availability.
- - Search just the library catalog for items that are physically present in the library, including print books, DVDs, and Government Documents.
- - Access your account to renew books or to see what items you have checked out.
How do I check out a book?
To check out a book found in the Stacks (4th or 5th floors), you need to go to the Library Services Main Desk.
Location: 3rd Floor of the Ort Library, to the right of the Main Entrance
Undergraduates can check out books for 28 days. You can renew a book if it hasn't been requested by someone else.
For more information on due dates, fines, or InterLibrary Loan see: Ort Library Borrowing and Circulation Policies