Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Locations of Ort Library's Group Computer Work Rooms/Areas
Ort Library 2nd Floor
Ort Library 5th Floor
Study Room P
Study Room Q
Study Room R
3 semi-private partitioned areas
Group Computer Work Room Equipment & Software
Each Group Computer Work Room/Area is equipped with the following:
- An HP 4GB CPU
- A 28" Wide Screen Monitor
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Windows 7 Professional
- Chairs for at least three users
Networked printing is available
Use Policies for Group Computer Work Rooms
- Rooms are intended for use by FSU students, faculty or staff. FSU ID is required to sign out key from the Circulation Desk on the 3rd Floor.
- Rooms are intended for use by groups of three or more. Individual use is not allowed. At least three members of the group must be present at the time the key is charged from the Circulation Desk.
- Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. They cannot be reserved in advance.
- The group computer work room may be used by a group for two hours at a time.
- After two hours the key must be returned to the Library's Circulation Desk on the 3rd floor.
- Fines will be charged if the key is not returned on time to the Circulation Desk.
- A group can renew access to a room for an additional two hours at the Circulation Desk only if no other group is waiting to use the room.
- Study rooms and partitioned areas are not sound proof and groups studying should not create noise levels that would disrupt other students in surrounding areas.
- Upon leaving the room, the group should make sure that the door is securely closed and locked.
- Return key immediately to the Circulation Desk on 3rd Floor when finished using the room.