Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding your 14 Digit Barcode
If you are unable to access the databases from off-campus, you will first need to know your 14 Digit Barcode. The handout to find your library barcode information can be found below.
If you know your library barcode information but get an error message when logging in you should contact the Library Services Main Desk for assistance. The contact number for the Library Services Main Desk is listed above. Library Hours can be found at the following link:
The has many different handouts available in PDF format including:
- How to access databases from off-campus
- How to access specific journals from off-campus
- Logging into OneSearch from off-campus
- Accessing your Library Account to renew books or see when books are due.
This guide has been designed to provide information to students who attend FSU at a distance/online. Even though you may not be able to physically come to the library, we want you to know that the Ort Library is still available to you. The library provides resources and services that you as a distance student can access from anywhere that works best for you.
Resources and Services for Distance Students
Students who attend at a distance can access:
- OneSearch and Subject Specific Databases
- Print Books (available from FSU and other University of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions [USMAI] campus libraries)
- Online scholarly/peer-reviewed journals, popular magazines, newspapers
- Online Encyclopedias (Credo Reference and Gale Virtual Reference Library)
- Interlibrary Loan (articles and print resources)
- Reference and Research Assistance (phone, e-mail, in-person)
- Research Consultations (one-on-one time to work exclusively with a librarian either online or in-person)
- Subject library guides and class specific library guides
- Government documents and Special Collections
Where to get help
Need Help? Ask A Librarian!
Ask A Librarian & FAQ
Search frequently asked questions, contact a librarian through chat or email, submit a question, or schedule a research consultation!
Contact a Librarian