Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Information you will need whn uploading to ProQuest:
- Student ID number
- Personal e-mail address - not affliated with FSU
- Dissertation abstract text
Questions to answer when uploading to ProQuest:
- Do you want your dissertation to be Open Access PLUS or Traditional Publishing? The Open Access option requires a $95.00 fee. There is no fee for the Traditional Publishing option.
- Do you want major search engines (e.g. Google, Yahoo) to find your work through ProQuest? For more information, review ProQuest's webpage.
- Does your ETD require an embargo and/or other restrictions to access? For more information, please review .
- Do you want your dissertation to be sold to third-party retailers? If you choose the Traditional Publishing option, this requires a "yes" or "no" answer. If you choose the Open Access PLUS option, this option is not available.
- Which 1-3 ProQuest subject categories best describe your dissertation's content? See ProQuest's for a full list.
- What are the names of your advisor and committee members?
- Do you have any supplemental files (e.g. images, spreadsheets) to include with your manuscript submission? This is optional.
- Do you want ProQuest to register a copyright for your dissertation? This is an optional service with a $55.00 fee. For more information, please review ProQuest's and Kenneth D. Crews' ".
- Do you have any copyright forms to submit to ProQuest? This is optional.
- Do you want to order any copies of your bound dissertation from ProQuest? This is optional.
* When submitting your ETD to ProQuest, it is recommended that you provide a personal e-mail address (e.g. GMail, Yahoo) other than your FSU e-mail. This way, ProQuest can contact you about your dissertation years later for various reasons, e.g. lifting an embargo, royalties.
* Make sure to have your FSU Student ID number for the ProQuest ETD submission. Your submission can not be completed without this information.
* You'll need to copy and paste your abstract into the ETD submission. You can either copy and paste the abstract text from the dissertation PDF or from a separate text file (e.g. .docx, .txt, or .rtf) on the flash drive with your dissertation.
After your ETD submission has been reviewed and accepted by the Lewis J. Ort Library, a copy of the document will be printed, bound, and then placed in Special Collections in the library.
If you want a print copy of your dissertation, you can order one through ProQuest.