Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Materials Deselection Overview
Academic Department Library Liaisons
The primary objective of the Lewis J. Ort Library Liaison program is to foster communication between the library and academic departments in order to support the scholarly resource needs of university programs and curriculum.
A library liaison is a member of the library faculty who serves as the primary contact person for the faculty of an academic department and/or specialized academic program on issues related to library collections and services.
General responsibilities of library liaisons include:
- Serving as a primary communication link to assigned academic departments and specialized academic programs regarding library collections and services,
- Performing as subject specialist for the library in assigned fields,
- Providing reports to support the requirements of periodic academic program and accreditation reviews,
- Working collaboratively with faculty to address concerns or issues identified by assigned academic departments and specialized programs.
ACADEMIC DEPARTMENT AND PROGRAM REPRESENTATIVES
A department or program representative is a member of the faculty who represents their academic department or specialized academic program as the primary contact person on issues related to library collections and services.
General responsibilities of department and program representatives include:
- Collaborating with departmental faculty and program coordinators to select materials for the Ort Library that reflect the curricular needs of their department as well as the discipline as a whole.
- Ensuring that book and audiovisual funds allocated to their department or program are expended each fiscal year by the purchasing deadline established and announced by the library.
- Communicating with their department’s library liaison to obtain required information for periodic academic program and accreditation reviews.
See the Library Liaison Program Fact Sheet (PDF) for more information about this program.
Please feel free to contact us:
Lewis J. Ort Library
Frostburg State University
Library Liaison Program Fact Sheet